SKU is an abbreviation for Stock Keeping Unit. Also known as product codes/numbers, SKUs are unique numbers for each product type of a business. SKU Generator helps vendors follow their stock movements, label their goods with easy-to-read SKU numbers, and identify each product type and unit in their inventory.
SKU generator will help you keep up with your stock availability, and also identify the most profitable products. Create and assign SKUs for all your product categories with our Excel SKU generator.
Main Features of the Template
Designed to create SKU numbers easily, our Excel template offers you two different options: 1. Auto SKU Generator, 2. Custom SKU Generator. Further explanation for both options is below.
1. Auto SKU Generator
Auto SKU generator section helps you create SKU numbers automatically according to your product and category number. Before starting, you should set up the metrics in the settings section. Prefix and separator can be added from the prefix and separator parts in the settings and also the order of SKUs can be changed with “category first” or “product first” options.
There are 1000 rows in this section for your products.
2. Custom SKU Generator
Custom SKU generator helps you create SKU numbers according to the main attributes of your products. You should define the settings for your custom SKUs before you start. There are 1000 rows in this section as well.
- Prefix & Code: You may prefer not to use any prefixes or codes, or you can just select to use one or two of them with any separator. The drop-down menu will help you to choose the best fit for your needs.
- Separator: This option is for you to determine the main separator between the attributes of your products.
- Character Type: You can use lower- or upper-case letters, as well as leave them as are.
- Length of SKU: You may prefer to use the SKUs with the same length (in terms of character numbers), or just allow different lengths. If you choose “Same for all SKUs”, the Total Length cell will display you the total length according to your settings.
- # Of Characters: This setting will affect how many characters from each attribute will be displayed on each SKU. For example, if you choose 3 for the color attribute, then it will take “bla” from black and “whi” from white, etc.
After filling in the settings, you should input headers and choose the number of characters.
Note: The template will warn you if you repeat your SKU numbers, so be careful to avoid confusion.
Excel SKU Generator Features Summary:
- Generate unique alphanumeric code
- Keep track of your inventory
- Fully customizable and ready to print
- Informational notes included
- No installation needed, ready-to-use
- Works both on Mac and Windows
- Compatible with Excel 2010 and later versions
- Does not include any VBA code or macros